AES Global Ltd. is committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that you continue to trust AES Global Ltd.
with your personal data. When you interact with us, you may share personal information with us which allows
identification of you as an individual (e.g. name, email address, address, telephone number). This is known as
1. Scope and acceptance
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with our products and services we offer.
By giving us your personal data for the purposes of sales queries, technical enquiries and orders, or via applications on third party social
networks (e.g. Facebook), you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use Facebook
AES Global Ltd. page or give us any personal data.
AES Global Ltd. reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time.
We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal data may be used.
2. Data collected by AES Global Ltd.
AES Global Ltd. may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including through:
- Online and electronic interactions with us;
- Offline interactions with us, including via direct marketing campaigns, hard copy registration cards, competition entries and contacts through AES Global Ltd. by telephone; and
- Your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that AES Global Ltd., or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third party websites or applications.
2.1 Data that you provide to us directly
This is data that you provide to us with your consent for a specified purpose, including:
- Personal contact information, including any information allowing AES Global Ltd. to contact you in person (e.g. name, home, work or (e)mail address, and phone number);
- Demographic information, including location (e.g. zip code, city and state and geo-location), other products or goods and services you provide;
- Payment information, including to make purchases (account and billing address);
- End-user feedback, including information that you share with AES Global Ltd. about your experience in using AES Global Ltd. products and services (e.g. your comments and suggestions, testimonials and other feedback related to AES Global Ltd. products); and
- End-user-generated content, including any content (e.g. photos, videos and personal stories) that you create and then share with AES Global Ltd. (and perhaps others) by uploading it to third party social networks (e.g. Facebook).
2.2 Data that we collect when you interact with AES Global Ltd. Sites
2.3 Data that you provide to us directly
We may collect information about you from other legitimate sources for the purpose of providing you with our products and services. Such sources include third party data aggregators, AES Global Ltd. promotional partners, public sources and third party social networking sites. Such information may include:
- personal contact information; and
- any personal data that is part of your profile on a third party social network (e.g. Facebook) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID, friend list). You can learn more about the data that we may obtain about you by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
We may also receive personal data about individuals when we acquire other companies.
3. Children's personal data
AES Global Ltd. does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children below the age of 12. If AES Global Ltd. discovers that it has accidentally collected personal data from a child below 12, it will remove that child’s personal data from its records as soon as reasonably possible.
4. Why AES Global Ltd. collects personal data and how it uses it
AES Global Ltd. collects and uses personal data only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. AES Global Ltd. may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- Orders - to process and ship your orders and to inform you about the status of your orders.
- End-user service - to provide you with services, including: responses to your enquiries; technical questions; and general feedback about our products. End-user service may be provided through various forms of communication, including via email, letter, telephone and online chat features.
- End-user engagement - to get you more actively engaged with our products and services. This may involve the use or publication of end-user-generated content.
- Personalisation - AES Global Ltd. may combine personal data about you collected from one source (e.g. a website) with data collected from another source (e.g. an offline event). This provides AES Global Ltd. with a more complete view of you as a end-user, which, in turn, allows AES Global Ltd. to serve you better and with greater personalisation, including in respect of the following:
- Products - to improve AES Global Ltd.’s products, tailor them to your needs and come up with new product ideas. This includes the use of demographic information, end-user profiling information and end-user feedback; and
- Marketing communications - to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications (including information about AES Global Ltd., its products and services, competitions and promotions). These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. SMS, emails and online advertising) and via post.
6. Your rights
6.1 Right to opt-out of marketing communications
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications about AES Global Ltd. and can do so by:
- (a) following the instructions for opt-out in the relevant marketing communication;
- (b) contacting us.
Please note that even if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications, you may still receive administrative communications from AES Global Ltd., such as order confirmations and notifications about warranties.
6.2 Access and rectification
You have a right to request access to your personal data. You may send us a request for access. You also have the right to request that AES Global Ltd. correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
7. Data security and retention
7.1 Data security
In order to keep your personal data secure, AES Global Ltd. has implemented a number of security measures, including:
- Secure operating environments - AES Global Ltd. stores your data in secure operating environments and only accessible to AES Global Ltd. employees, agents and contractors on a need-to-know basis. AES Global Ltd. also follows generally accepted industry standards in this respect.
Please note that these protections do not apply to personal data you choose to share in public areas such as on social media websites.
AES Global Ltd. will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the stated purpose, taking into account also our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.